Master Subscription Agreement
THIS AGREEMENT GOVERNS YOUR ACQUISITION AND USE OF OUR SERVICES.
BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER BY EXECUTING AN ORDER FORM THAT REFERENCES THIS AGREEMENT OR DIRECTLY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS “YOU” OR “YOUR” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
You may not access the Services if You are Our direct competitor, except with Our prior written consent. In addition, You may not access the Services for purposes of monitoring their availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes.
This Agreement is effective between You and Us as of the date of You accepting this Agreement.
Table of Contents
“Affiliate” means any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the subject entity. “Control,” for purposes of this definition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interests of the subject entity.
“Agreement” means this Master Subscription Agreement.
“Beta Services” means Our services that are not generally available to customers.
“Content” means information obtained by Us from Our content licensors or publicly available sources and provided to You pursuant to an Order Form, as more fully described in the Documentation.
“User Guide” means Documentation.
“Documentation” means Our online guides, documentation, and help and training materials, as updated from time to time, accessible via www.leankor.com or help.leankor.com or login to the applicable Service.
“Malicious Code” means code, files, scripts, agents or programs intended to do harm, including, for example, viruses, worms, time bombs and Trojan horses.
“Marketplace” means an online directory, catalog or marketplace of content packs that interoperate with the Services.
“Non-Leankor Applications” means a Web-based or offline software application that is provided by You or a third party and interoperates with a Service, including, for example, an application that is developed by or for You, is listed on a Marketplace, or is identified as Leankor Labs or by a similar designation.
“Order Form” means an ordering document specifying the Services to be provided hereunder that is entered into between You and Us or any of Our Affiliates, including any addenda and supplements thereto. By entering into an Order Form hereunder, an Affiliate agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement as if it were an original party hereto.
“Purchased Services” means Services that You or Your Affiliate purchase under an Order Form, as distinguished from those provided pursuant to a Demonstration System.
“Services” means the products and services that are ordered by You under a Demonstration System or an Order Form and made available online by Us, including associated offline components, as described in the Documentation. “Services” exclude Content and Non-Leankor Applications.
“User” means an individual who is authorized by You to use a Service, for whom You have ordered the Service, and to whom You (or We at Your request) have supplied a user identification and password. Users may include, for example, Your employees, consultants, contractors and agents, and third parties with which You transact business.
“We,” “Us” or “Our” means the Leankor company described in Section 13 (Who You Are Contracting With, Notices, Governing Law and Jurisdiction). “You” or “Your” means the company or other legal entity for which you are accepting this Agreement, and Affiliates of that company or entity.
“Your Data” means electronic data and information submitted by or for You to the Purchased Services or collected and processed by or for You using the Purchased Services, excluding Content and Non-Leankor Applications.
2. DEMONSTRATION SYSTEM
If You are given a login to a Demonstration System, We will make one or more Services available to You on a limited time basis until the earlier of (a) the end of the Demonstration Period mutually agreed between the Parties, or (b) the start date of any Purchased Service subscriptions ordered by You for such Service(s).
ANY DATA YOU ENTER INTO THE SERVICES, AND ANY CUSTOMIZATIONS MADE TO THE SERVICES BY OR FOR YOU, DURING YOUR USE OF THE DEMONSTRATION SYSTEM WILL BE PERMANENTLY LOST UNLESS YOU PURCHASE A SUBSCRIPTION TO THE SAME SERVICES AS THOSE COVERED BY THE DEMONSTRATION SYSTEM, PURCHASE UPGRADED SERVICES, OR EXPORT SUCH DATA, BEFORE THE END OF THE DEMONSTRATION PERIOD. YOU CANNOT TRANSFER DATA ENTERED OR CUSTOMIZATIONS MADE DURING THE DEMONSTRATION PERIOD TO A SERVICE THAT WOULD BE A DOWNGRADE FROM THAT COVERED BY THE DEMONSTRATION SYSTEM; THEREFORE, IF YOU PURCHASE A SERVICE THAT WOULD BE A DOWNGRADE FROM THAT COVERED BY THE DEMONSTRATION PERIOD, YOU MUST EXPORT YOUR DATA BEFORE THE END OF THE DEMONSTRATION PERIOD OR YOUR DATA WILL BE PERMANENTLY LOST.
NOTWITHSTANDING SECTION 9 (REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND DISCLAIMERS), DURING THE DEMONSTRATION PERIOD THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY.
Please review the User Guide during the Demonstration Period so that You become familiar with the features and functions of the Services before You make Your purchase.
3. OUR RESPONSIBILITIES
3.1. Provision of Purchased Services
We will (a) make the Services and Content available to You pursuant to this Agreement and the applicable Order Forms, (b) provide Our We will (a) make the Services and Content available to You pursuant to this Agreement and the applicable Order Forms, (b) provide Our standard support for the Purchased Services to You at no additional charge, and/or upgraded support if purchased, and (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to make the online Purchased Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for: (i) planned downtime (of which We shall give at least 8 hours electronic notice and which We shall schedule to the extent practicable during the weekend hours between 6:00 p.m. Friday and 3:00 a.m. Monday Pacific time), and (ii) any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, including, for example, an act of God, act of government, flood, fire, earthquake, civil unrest, act of terror, strike or other labor problem (other than one involving Our employees), Internet service provider failure or delay, Non-Leankor Application, or denial of service attack.
3.2. Protection of Your Data
We will maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Your Data, as described in the Documentation. Those safeguards will include, but will not be limited to, measures for preventing access, use, modification or disclosure of Your Data by Our personnel except (a) to provide the Purchased Services and prevent or address service or technical problems, (b) as compelled by law in accordance with Section 8.3 (Compelled Disclosure) below, or (c) as You expressly permit in writing.
3.3. Our Personnel
We will be responsible for the performance of Our personnel (including Our employees and contractors) and their compliance with Our obligations under this Agreement, except as otherwise specified herein.
3.4. Beta Services
From time to time, We may invite You to try Beta Services at no charge. You may accept or decline any such trial in Your sole discretion. Beta Services will be clearly designated as beta, pilot, limited release, developer preview, non-production, evaluation or by a description of similar import. Beta Services are for evaluation purposes and not for production use, are not considered “Services” under this Agreement, are not supported, and may be subject to additional terms. Unless otherwise stated, any Beta Services trial period will expire upon the earlier of one year from the trial start date or the date that a version of the Beta Services becomes generally available. We may discontinue Beta Services at any time in Our sole discretion and may never make them generally available. We will have no liability for any harm or damage arising out of or in connection with a Beta Service.
4. USE OF SERVICES AND CONTENT
Unless otherwise provided in the applicable Order Form, (a) Services and Content are purchased as subscriptions, (b) subscriptions may be added during a subscription term at the same pricing as the underlying subscription pricing, prorated for the portion of that subscription term remaining at the time the subscriptions are added, and (c) any added subscriptions will terminate on the same date as the underlying subscriptions.
4.2. Usage Limits
Services and Content are subject to usage limits, including, for example, the quantities specified in Order Forms. Unless otherwise specified, (a) a quantity in an Order Form refers to Users, and the Service or Content may not be accessed by more than that number of Users, (b) a User’s password may not be shared with any other individual, and (c) a User identification may be reassigned to a new individual replacing one who no longer requires ongoing use of the Service or Content. If You exceed a contractual usage limit, We may work with You to seek to reduce Your usage so that it conforms to that limit. If, notwithstanding Our efforts, You are unable or unwilling to abide by a contractual usage limit, You will execute an Order Form for additional quantities of the applicable Services or Content promptly upon Our request, and/or pay any invoice for excess usage in accordance with Section 6.2 (Invoicing and Payment).
4.3. Your Responsibilities
You will (a) be responsible for Users’ compliance with this Agreement, (b) be responsible for the accuracy, quality and legality of Your Data and the means by which You acquired Your Data, (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to or use of Services and Content, and notify Us promptly of any such unauthorized access or use, (d) use Services and Content only in accordance with the Documentation and applicable laws and government regulations, and (e) comply with terms of service of Non-Leankor Applications with which You use Services or Content.
4.4. Usage Restrictions
You will not (a) make any Service or Content available to, or use any Service or Content for the benefit of, anyone other than You or Users, (b) sell, resell, license, sublicense, distribute, rent or lease any Service or Content, or include any Service or Content in a service bureau or outsourcing offering, (c) use a Service to store or transmit infringing, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, or to store or transmit material in violation of third-party privacy rights, (d) use a Service to store or transmit Malicious Code, (e) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of any Service or third-party data contained therein, (f) attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Service or Content or its related systems or networks, (g) permit direct or indirect access to or use of any Service or Content in a way that circumvents a contractual usage limit, (h) copy a Service or any part, feature, function or user interface thereof, (i) copy Content except as permitted herein or in an Order Form or the Documentation, (j) frame or mirror any part of any Service or Content, other than framing on Your own intranets or otherwise for Your own internal business purposes or as permitted in the Documentation, (k) access any Service or Content in order to build a competitive product or service, or (l) reverse engineer any Service (to the extent such restriction is permitted by law).
4.5. External-Facing Services
4.6. Removal of Content
If We are required by a licensor to remove Content, or receive information that Content provided to You may violate applicable law or third-party rights, We may so notify You and in such event You will promptly remove such Content from Your systems. If You do not take required action in accordance with the above, We may disable the applicable Content until the potential violation is resolved.
5. NON-LEANKOR PROVIDERS
5.1. Acquisition of Non-Leankor Content and Services
We or third parties may make available (for example, through a Marketplace or otherwise) third-party content or services, including, for example, Non-Leankor Content and implementation and other consulting services. Any acquisition by You of such non-leankor content or services, and any exchange of data between You and any non-leankor provider, is solely between You and the applicable non-leankor provider. We do not warrant or support Non-Leankor Content or other non-leankor content or services, whether or not they are designated by Us as “certified” or otherwise, except as specified in an Order Form.
6. FEES AND PAYMENT FOR PURCHASED SERVICES
You will pay all fees specified in Order Forms. Except as otherwise specified herein or in an Order Form, (i) fees are based on Services and Content purchased and not actual usage, (ii) payment obligations are non-cancelable and fees paid are non-refundable, and (iii) quantities purchased cannot be decreased during the relevant subscription term.
6.2. Invoicing and Payment
You will provide Us with valid and updated credit card information, or with a valid purchase order or alternative document reasonably acceptable to Us. If You provide credit card information to Us, You authorize Us to charge such credit card for all Purchased Services listed in the Order Form for the initial subscription term and any renewal subscription term(s) as set forth in Section 12.2 Term of Purchased Subscriptions. Such charges shall be made in advance, either annually or in accordance with any different billing frequency stated in the applicable Order Form. If the Order Form specifies that payment will be by a method other than a credit card, We will invoice You in advance and otherwise in accordance with the relevant Order Form. Unless otherwise stated in the Order Form, invoiced charges are due net 30 days from the invoice date. You are responsible for providing complete and accurate billing and contact information to Us and notifying Us of any changes to such information.
6.3. Overdue Charges
If any invoiced amount is not received by Us by the due date, then without limiting Our rights or remedies, (a) those charges may accrue late interest at the rate of 1.5% of the outstanding balance per month, or the maximum rate permitted by law, whichever is lower, and/or (b) We may condition future subscription renewals and Order Forms on payment terms shorter than those specified in Section 6.2 Invoicing and Payment.
6.4. Suspension of Service and Acceleration
If any amount owing by You under this or any other agreement for Our services is 30 or more days overdue (or 10 or more days overdue in the case of amounts You have authorized Us to charge to Your credit card), We may, without limiting Our other rights and remedies, accelerate Your unpaid fee obligations under such agreements so that all such obligations become immediately due and payable, and suspend Our services to You until such amounts are paid in full. We will give You at least 10 days’ prior notice that Your account is overdue, in accordance with Section 13.2 Manner of Giving Notice, before suspending services to You.
6.5. Payment Disputes
We will not exercise Our rights under Section 6.3 Overdue Charges or 6.4 Suspension of Service and Acceleration above if You are disputing the applicable charges reasonably and in good faith and are cooperating diligently to resolve the dispute.
Our fees do not include any taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments of any nature, including, for example, value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes, assessable by any jurisdiction whatsoever (collectively, “Taxes”). You are responsible for paying all Taxes associated with Your purchases hereunder. If We have the legal obligation to pay or collect Taxes for which You are responsible under this Section 6.6, We will invoice You and You will pay that amount unless You provide Us with a valid tax exemption certificate authorized by the appropriate taxing authority. For clarity, We are solely responsible for taxes assessable against Us based on Our income, property and employees.
6.7. Future Functionality
You agree that Your purchases are not contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features, or dependent on any oral or written public comments made by Us regarding future functionality or features.
7. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND LICENSES
7.1. Reservation of Rights
Subject to the limited rights expressly granted hereunder, We and Our licensors reserve all of Our/their right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all of Our/their related intellectual property rights. No rights are granted to You hereunder other than as expressly set forth herein.
7.2. License by Us to Use Content
We grant to You a worldwide, limited-term license, under Our applicable intellectual property rights and licenses, to use Content acquired by You pursuant to Order Forms, subject to those Order Forms, this Agreement and the Documentation.
7.3. License by You to Host Your Data and Applications
You grant Us and Our Affiliates a worldwide, limited-term license to host, copy, transmit and display Your Data, and any Non-Leankor Applications and program code created by or for You using a Service, as necessary for Us to provide the Services in accordance with this Agreement. Subject to the limited licenses granted herein, We acquire no right, title or interest from You or Your licensors under this Agreement in or to Your Data or any Non-Leankor Application or content or program code.
7.4. License by You to Use Feedback
You grant to Us and Our Affiliates a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use and incorporate into the Services any suggestion, enhancement request, recommendation, correction or other feedback provided by You or Users relating to the operation of the Services. You grant to Us a worldwide, royalty-free license to display Your company logo and feedback provided by You or Users on Our website and Our marketing materials.
7.5. U.S. Federal Government End Use Provisions
We provide the Services, including related software and technology, for ultimate U.S. federal government end use solely in accordance with the following: Government technical data and software rights related to the Services include only those rights customarily provided to the public as defined in this Agreement. This customary commercial license is provided in accordance with FAR 12.211 (Technical Data) and FAR 12.212 (Software) and, for Department of Defense transactions, DFAR 252.227-7015 (Technical Data – Commercial Items) and DFAR 227.7202-3 (Rights in Commercial Computer Software or Computer Software Documentation). If a government agency has a need for rights not granted under these terms, it must negotiate with Us to determine if there are acceptable terms for granting those rights, and a mutually acceptable written addendum specifically granting those rights must be included in any applicable agreement.
8.1. Definition of Confidential Information
“Confidential Information” means all information disclosed by a party (“Disclosing Party”) to the other party (“Receiving Party”), whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure. Your Confidential Information includes Your Data; Our Confidential Information includes the Services and Content; and Confidential Information of each party includes the terms and conditions of this Agreement and all Order Forms (including pricing), as well as business and marketing plans, technology and technical information, product plans and designs, and business processes disclosed by such party. However, Confidential Information does not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (ii) was known to the Receiving Party prior to its disclosure by the Disclosing Party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (iii) is received from a third party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, or (iv) was independently developed by the Receiving Party.
8.2. Protection of Confidential Information
The Receiving Party will use the same degree of care that it uses to protect the confidentiality of its own confidential information of like kind (but not less than reasonable care) (i) not to use any Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement, and (ii) except as otherwise authorized by the Disclosing Party in writing, to limit access to Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to those of its and its Affiliates’ employees and contractors who need that access for purposes consistent with this Agreement and who have signed confidentiality agreements with the Receiving Party containing protections no less stringent than those herein. Neither party will disclose the terms of this Agreement or any Order Form to any third party other than its Affiliates, legal counsel and accountants without the other party’s prior written consent, provided that a party that makes any such disclosure to its Affiliate, legal counsel or accountants will remain responsible for such Affiliate’s, legal counsel’s or accountant’s compliance with this Section 8.2.
8.3. Compelled Disclosure
The Receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to the extent compelled by law to do so, provided the Receiving Party gives the Disclosing Party prior notice of the compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at the Disclosing Party’s cost, if the Disclosing Party wishes to contest the disclosure. If the Receiving Party is compelled by law to disclose the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information as part of a civil proceeding to which the Disclosing Party is a party, and the Disclosing Party is not contesting the disclosure, the Disclosing Party will reimburse the Receiving Party for its reasonable cost of compiling and providing secure access to that Confidential Information.
9. REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND DISCLAIMERS
Each party represents that it has validly entered into this Agreement and has the legal power to do so.
9.2. Our Warranties
We warrant that (a) this Agreement, the Order Forms and the Documentation accurately describe the applicable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Your Data, (b) We will not materially decrease the overall security of the Purchased Services during a subscription term, (c) the Purchased Services will perform materially in accordance with the applicable Documentation, (d) subject to Section 5.1 Acquisition of Non-Leankor Content and Services, We will not materially decrease the functionality of the Purchased Services during a subscription term, and (e) the Purchased Services and Content will not introduce Malicious Code into Your systems. For any breach of an above warranty, Your exclusive remedies are those described in Sections 12.3 Termination and 12.4 Refund or Payment upon Termination.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND EACH PARTY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. CONTENT AND BETA SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” EXCLUSIVE OF ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. EACH PARTY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS FOR ANY HARM OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY THIRD-PARTY HOSTING PROVIDERS.
10. MUTUAL INDEMNIFICATION
10.1. Indemnification by Us
We will defend You against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against You by a third party alleging that the use of a Purchased Service in accordance with this Agreement infringes or misappropriates such third party’s intellectual property rights (a “Claim Against You”), and will indemnify You from any damages, attorney fees and costs finally awarded against You as a result of, or for amounts paid by You under a court-approved settlement of, a Claim Against You, provided You (a) promptly give Us written notice of the Claim Against You, (b) give Us sole control of the defense and settlement of the Claim Against You (except that We may not settle any Claim Against You unless it unconditionally releases You of all liability), and (c) give Us all reasonable assistance, at Our expense. If We receive information about an infringement or misappropriation claim related to a Service, We may in Our discretion and at no cost to You (i) modify the Service so that it no longer infringes or misappropriates, without breaching Our warranties under Section 9.2 Our Warranties, (ii) obtain a license for Your continued use of that Service in accordance with this Agreement, or (iii) terminate Your subscriptions for that Service upon 30 days written notice and refund You any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of the terminated subscriptions. The above defense and indemnification obligations do not apply to the extent a Claim Against You arises from Content, a Non-Leankor Application or Your breach of this Agreement.
10.2. Indemnification by You
You will defend Us against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against Us by a third party alleging that Your Data, or Your use of any Service or Content in breach of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates such third party’s intellectual property rights or violates applicable law (a “Claim Against Us”), and will indemnify Us from any damages, attorney fees and costs finally awarded against Us as a result of, or for any amounts paid by Us under a court-approved settlement of, a Claim Against Us, provided We (a) promptly give You written notice of the Claim Against Us, (b) give You sole control of the defense and settlement of the Claim Against Us (except that You may not settle any Claim Against Us unless it unconditionally releases Us of all liability), and (c) give You all reasonable assistance, at Your expense.
10.3. Exclusive Remedy
This Section 10 states the indemnifying party’s sole liability to, and the indemnified party’s exclusive remedy against, the other party for any type of claim described in this Section 10.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
11.1. Limitation of Liability
NEITHER PARTY’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY SINGLE INCIDENT ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY CUSTOMER HEREUNDER IN THE 12 MONTHS PRECEDING THE INCIDENT, PROVIDED THAT IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY CUSTOMER HEREUNDER. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER AN ACTION IS IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY. HOWEVER, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS WILL NOT LIMIT CUSTOMER’S PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS UNDER SECTION 6 FEES AND PAYMENT FOR PURCHASED SERVICES.
11.2. Exclusion of Consequential and Related Damages
IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, REVENUES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COVER OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER AN ACTION IS IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW.
12. TERM AND TERMINATION
12.1. Term of Agreement
This Agreement commences on the date You first accept it and continues until all subscriptions hereunder have expired or have been terminated.
12.2. Term of Purchased Subscriptions
The term of each subscription shall be as specified in the applicable Order Form. Except as otherwise specified in an Order Form, subscriptions will automatically renew for additional periods equal to the expiring subscription term or one year (whichever is shorter), unless either party gives the other notice of non-renewal at least 30 days before the end of the relevant subscription term. The per-unit pricing during any automatic renewal term will be the same as that during the immediately prior term unless We have given You written notice of a pricing increase at least 60 days before the end of that prior term, in which case the pricing increase will be effective upon renewal and thereafter. Any such pricing increase will not exceed 30% of the pricing for the applicable Purchased Service or Content in the immediately prior subscription term, unless the pricing in the prior term was designated in the relevant Order Form as promotional or one-time.
A party may terminate this Agreement for cause (i) upon 30 days written notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
12.4. Refund or Payment upon Termination
If this Agreement is terminated by You in accordance with Section 12.3 Termination, We will refund You any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all Order Forms after the effective date of termination. If this Agreement is terminated by Us in accordance with Section 12.3, You will pay any unpaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all Order Forms. In no event will termination relieve You of Your obligation to pay any fees payable to Us for the period prior to the effective date of termination.
12.5. Your Data Portability and Deletion
Upon request by You made within 30 days after the effective date of termination or expiration of this Agreement, We will make the Your Data available to You for export or download as provided in the Documentation. After that 30-day period, We will have no obligation to maintain or provide Your Data, and will thereafter delete or destroy all copies of Your Data in Our systems or otherwise in Our possession or control as provided in the Documentation, unless legally prohibited.
12.6. Surviving Provisions
The Sections titled “FEES AND PAYMENT FOR PURCHASED SERVICES,” “PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND LICENSES,” “CONFIDENTIALITY,” “Disclaimers,” ” MUTUAL INDEMNIFICATION,” ” LIMITATION OF LIABILITY,” ” Refund or Payment upon Termination,” “Your Data Portability and Deletion,” “WHO YOU ARE CONTRACTING WITH, NOTICES, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION,” and “GENERAL PROVISIONS ” will survive any termination or expiration if this Agreement.
13. WHO YOU ARE CONTRACTING WITH, NOTICES, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
Who You are contracting with under this Agreement, who You should direct notices to under this Agreement, what law will apply in any lawsuit arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, and which courts have jurisdiction over any such lawsuit, depend on where You are domiciled.
|If You are domiciled in:||You are contracting with:||Notices should be addressed to:||The governing law is:||The courts having exclusive jurisdiction are:|
|The United States of America, Mexico or a Country in Central or South America or the Caribbean||Luicidsoft Inc., an Alberta Corporation (dba “Leankor”)||Suite 1100 606 4th Ave SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 1T1,|
|California and controlling United States federal law||San Francisco, California, U.S.A.|
|Canada||Luicidsoft Inc., an Alberta Corporation (dba “Leankor”)||Suite 1100 606 4th Ave SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 1T1,|
|Alberta and controlling Canadian federal law||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Any country other than the above||Luicidsoft Inc., an Alberta Corporation(dba “Leankor”)||Suite 1100 606 4th Ave SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 1T1,|
|Alberta and controlling Canadian federal law||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
13.2. Manner of Giving Notice
Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all notices, permissions and approvals hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given upon: (i) personal delivery, (ii) the second business day after mailing, (iii) the second business day after sending by confirmed facsimile, or (iv) the first business day after sending by email (provided email shall not be sufficient for notices of termination or an indemnifiable claim). Billing-related notices to You shall be addressed to the relevant billing contact designated by You. All other notices to You shall be addressed to the relevant Services system administrator designated by You.
13.3. Agreement to Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Each party agrees to the applicable governing law above without regard to choice of conflicts of law rules, and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the applicable courts above.
14. GENERAL PROVISIONS
14.1. Export Compliance
The Services, Content, other technology We make available, and derivatives thereof may be subject to export laws and regulations of the United States and Canada and other jurisdictions. Each party represents that it is not named on any U.S. government or Canadian government denied-party list. You shall not permit Users to access or use any Service or Content in a U.S.-embargoed or Canada-embargoed country (currently includes Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria) or in violation of any U.S. or Canadian export law or regulation.
You have not received or been offered any illegal or improper bribe, kickback, payment, gift or thing of value from any of Our employees or agents in connection with this Agreement. Reasonable gifts and entertainment provided in the ordinary course of business do not violate the above restriction. If You learn of any violation of the above restriction, You will use reasonable efforts to promptly notify our Legal Department at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
14.3. Entire Agreement and Order of Precedence
This Agreement is the entire agreement between You and Us regarding Your use of Services and Content and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, proposals or representations, written or oral, concerning this subject matter. No modification, amendment, or waiver of any provision of this Agreement will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the modification, amendment or waiver is to be asserted. The parties agree that any term or condition stated in Your purchase order or in any other of Your order documentation (excluding Order Forms) is void. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency among the following documents, the order of precedence shall be: (1) the applicable Order Form, (2) this Agreement (3) the Documentation.
Neither party may assign any of its rights or obligations hereunder, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the other party’s prior written consent (not to be unreasonably withheld); provided, however, either party may assign this Agreement in its entirety (including all Order Forms), without the other party’s consent to its Affiliate or in connection with a merger, acquisition, corporate reorganization, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if a party is acquired by, sells substantially all of its assets to, or undergoes a change of control in favor of, a direct competitor of the other party, then such other party may terminate this Agreement upon written notice. In the event of such a termination, We will refund You any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all subscriptions. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their respective successors and permitted assigns.
14.5. Relationship of the Parties
The parties are independent contractors. This Agreement does not create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship between the parties.
14.6. Third-Party Beneficiaries
Our Content licensors shall have the benefit of Our rights and protections hereunder with respect to the applicable Content. There are no other third-party beneficiaries under this Agreement.
No failure or delay by either party in exercising any right under this Agreement will constitute a waiver of that right.
If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, the provision will be deemed null and void, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect.
EXHIBIT A – SFDC Service Agreement
“AppExchange” means the online directory of on-demand applications that work with the SFDC Service, located at http://www.appexchange.com or at any successor websites.
“Platform”means the online, Web-based platform service provided by SFDC to Reseller in connection with Reseller’s provision of the Reseller Application to You.
“Reseller” means Lucidsoft Inc. (dba “Leankor”).
“Reseller Application” means Leankor or Leankor Construction.
“SFDC Service” means the online, Web-based service generally made available to the public via http://www.salesforce.com and/or other designated websites, including associated offline components but excluding Third-Party Applications. For purposes of this SFDC Service Agreement, the SFDC Service does not include the Platform.
“SFDC” means salesforce.com.
“Third-Party Applications” means online, Web-based applications and offline software products that are provided by third parties and are identified as third-party applications, including but not limited to those listed on the AppExchange and the Reseller Application.
“Users”means Your employees, representatives, consultants, contractors, agents and third parties with whom You conduct business who are authorized to use the Platform subject to the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement as a result of a subscription to the Reseller Application having been purchased for such User, and have been supplied user identifications and passwords by You (or by SFDC or Reseller at Your request).
“You” and “Your” means the customer entity which has contracted to purchase subscriptions to use the Reseller Application subject to the conditions of this SFDC Service Agreement, together with any other terms required by Reseller.
“Your Data” means all electronic data or information submitted by You as and to the extent it resides in the Platform or SFDC Service.
- Use of PlatformEach User subscription to the Reseller Application shall entitle one User to use the Platform via the Reseller Application, subject to the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement, together with any other terms required by Reseller. User subscriptions cannot be shared or used by more than one User (but may be reassigned from time to time to new Users who are replacing former Users who have terminated employment with You or otherwise changed job status or function and no longer require use of the Platform). For clarity, Your subscription to use the Platform hereunder does not include a subscription to use the SFDC Service generally or to use it in connection with applications other than the Reseller Application. If Your subscription to use the Platform hereunder includes Salesforce Mobile, You understand that prior to purchasing Salesforce Mobile, You should refer to the Mobile Device list located at http://www.salesforce.com/mobile/devices/ for information on mobile devices that are supported by SFDC. You agree that SFDC will not provide any refunds, credits or other compensation or remedies in connection with Your purchase of Salesforce Mobile for any mobile devices that are not supported by SFDC. Third party mobile device, operating system and network connectivity providers may, at any time, cease distribution of, interrupt, deinstallNotwithstanding any access You may have to the Platform or the SFDC Service via the Reseller Application, Reseller is the sole provider of the Reseller Application and You are entering into a contractual relationship solely with Reseller. In the event that Reseller ceases operations or otherwise ceases or fails to provide the Reseller Application, SFDC has no obligation to provide the Reseller Application or to refund You any fees paid by You to Reseller.You (i) are responsible for all activities occurring under Your User accounts; (ii) are responsible for the content of all Your Data; (iii) shall use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, the Platform and the SFDC Service, and shall notify Reseller or SFDC promptly of any such unauthorized use You become aware of; and (iv) shall comply with all applicable local, state, federal and foreign laws and regulations in using the Platform.You shall use the Platform and the SFDC Service solely for Your internal business purposes and shall not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, time share or otherwise commercially exploit or make the Platform or the SFDC Service available to any third party, other than to Users or as otherwise contemplated by this SFDC Service Agreement; (ii) send spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws; (iii) send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, including material that is harmful to children or violates third party privacy rights; (iv) send or store viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses and other harmful or malicious code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (v) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Platform or the SFDC Service or the data contained therein; or (vi) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Platform or the SFDC Service or its related systems or networks.You shall not (i) modify, copy or create derivative works based on the Platform or the SFDC Service; (ii) frame or mirror any content forming part of the Platform or the SFDC Service, other than on Your own intranets or otherwise for Your own internal business purposes; (iii) reverse engineer the Platform or the SFDC Service; or (iv) access the Platform or the SFDC Service in order to (a) build a competitive product or service, or (b) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Platform or the SFDC Service. and/or prevent use of Salesforce Mobile clients on supported mobile devices without entitling You to any refund, credit or other compensation or remedies.If You wish to use the SFDC Service or any of its functionalities or services other than those included in the Reseller Application, or to create or use additional custom objects beyond those which appear in the Reseller Application in the form that it has been provided to You by Your Reseller, visit www.salesforce.com to contract directly with SFDC for such services. In the event Your access to the Reseller Application provides You with access to the SFDC Service generally or access to any Platform or SFDC Service functionality within it that is in excess of the functionality described in the Reseller Application’s user guide, and You have not separately subscribed under a written contract with SFDC for such access, then You agree to not access or use such functionality, and You agree that Your use of such functionality, or Your creation or use of additional custom objects in the Reseller Application beyond that which appears in the Reseller Application in the form that it has been provided to You by your Reseller, would be a material breach of this Agreement..
- Third-Party Providers. Reseller and other third-party providers, some of which may be listed on pages within SFDC’s website and including providers of Third-Party Applications, offer products and services related to the Platform, the SFDC Service, and/or the Reseller Application, including implementation, customization and other consulting services related to customers’ use of the Platform and/or the SFDC Service, and applications (both offline and online) that interoperate with the Platform and/or the SFDC Service such as by exchanging data with the Platform and/or the SFDC Service or by offering additional functionality within the user interface of the Platform and/or the SFDC Service through use of the Platform and/or SFDC Service’s application programming interface. SFDC does not warrant any such third-party providers or any of their products or services, including but not limited to the Reseller Application or any other product or service of Reseller, whether or not such products or services are designated by SFDC as “certified,” “validated” or otherwise. Any exchange of data or other interaction between You and a third-party provider, including but not limited to the Reseller Application, and any purchase by You of any product or service offered by such third-party provider, including but not limited to the Reseller Application, is solely between You and such third-party provider. In addition, from time to time, certain additional functionality (not defined as part of the Platform or SFDC Service) may be offered by SFDC or Reseller to You, for an additional fee, on a pass-through or OEM basis pursuant to terms specified by the licensor and agreed to by You in connection with a separate purchase by You of such additional functionality. Your use of any such additional functionality shall be governed by such terms, which shall prevail in the event of any inconsistency with the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement.
- Integration with Third-Party Applications. If You install or enable Third-Party Applications for use with the Platform or SFDC Service, You acknowledge that SFDC may allow providers of those Third-Party Applications to access Your Data as required for the interoperation of such Third Party Applications with the Platform or SFDC Service. SFDC shall not be responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of Your Data resulting from any such access by Third-Party Application providers. In addition, the Platform and SFDC Service may contain features designed to interoperate with Third-Party Applications (e.g., Google, Facebook or Twitter applications). To use such features, You may be required to obtain access to such Third-Party Applications from their providers. If the provider of any such Third-Party Application ceases to make the Third-Party Application available for interoperation with the corresponding Platform or SFDC Service features on reasonable terms, SFDC may cease providing such Platform or SFDC Service features without entitling You to any refund, credit, or other compensation.
- Access by Reseller. To the extent Reseller serves as the administrator of the Reseller Application for You, You acknowledge that your use of the Reseller Application may be monitored by Reseller and Reseller may access Your Data submitted to the SFDC Service or Reseller Application. By agreeing to this SFDC Service Agreement, you are consenting to such monitoring and access by Reseller.
- Return of Your Data. You have thirty (30) days from the date of termination your Reseller Application subscription term in which to request a copy of Your Data, which will be made available to You in a .csv format. Any modifications to such Your Data made by the Reseller Application outside of the Platform (if any) will not be captured in Your Data as returned and the return of any such modified data shall be the responsibility of Reseller.
- Proprietary Rights. Subject to the limited rights expressly granted hereunder, SFDC reserves all rights, title and interest in and to the Platform and the SFDC Service, including all related intellectual property rights. No rights are granted to You hereunder other than as expressly set forth in this SFDC Service Agreement. The Platform and the SFDC Service is deemed SFDC confidential information, and You will not use it or disclose it to any third party except as permitted in this SFDC Service Agreement.
- Compelled Disclosure. If either You or SFDC is compelled by law to disclose confidential information of the other party, it shall provide the other party with prior notice of such compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at the other party’s cost, if the other party wishes to contest the disclosure.
- Suggestions. You agree that SFDC shall have a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sublicenseable, irrevocable, perpetual license to use or incorporate into any SFDC products or services any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback provided by You or Your Users relating to the operation of the Platform and/or the SFDC Service.
- Suspension and Termination. Your use of the Platform and the SFDC Service may be immediately terminated and/or suspended upon notice due to (a) a breach of the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement by You or any User, (b) the termination or expiration of Reseller’s agreement with SFDC pursuant to which Reseller is providing the Platform as part of the Reseller Application to You, and/or (c) a breach by Reseller of its obligations to SFDC with respect to the subscriptions it is providing to You in connection with this SFDC Service Agreement. If You use the Reseller Application in combination with a SFDC Service Org other than the Org provisioned solely for use with the Reseller Application (a “Shared org”) You acknowledge and understand that (i) access to such Org, including the Reseller Application used in connection with such Org, may be suspended due to Your non-payment to SFDC or other breach of Your Agreement with SFDC, and (ii) in the event Your relationship with SFDC is terminated as a result of non-payment or other material breach of Your agreement with SFDC, Your Platform subscriptions would also be terminated. In no case will any such termination or suspension give rise to any liability of SFDC to You for a refund or other compensation.
- Subscriptions Non-Cancelable. Subscriptions for the Platform are non-cancelable during a subscription term, unless otherwise specified in Your agreement with Reseller.
- No Warranty. SFDC MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WITH RESPECT TO THE PLATFORM, THE SFDC SERVICE, AND/OR THE RESELLER APPLICATION, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SFDC DISCLAIMS ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE PLATFORM, THE SFDC SERVICE, AND/OR THE RESELLER APPLICATION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
- No Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL SFDC HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY USER FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES BASED ON LOST PROFITS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Further Contact. SFDC maycontact You regarding new Platform and SFDC Service features and offerings.
- Third Party Beneficiary. SFDC shall be a third party beneficiary to the agreement between You and Reseller solely as it relates to this SFDC Service Agreement.
- Applicability. The terms of this SFDC Service Agreement govern the Platform provided to You by Reseller in connection with Reseller’s provision of the Reseller Application to You. For clarity, the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement do not supersede any agreement between SFDC and You with respect to SFDC Services purchased by You directly from SFDC.